Yummy Food in Tampines Street 21

Do you happen to pop by or staying in Tampines? Fancy some yummy food in Tampines? Why not drop by Tampines Street 21 for a good meal? 

Wait, what?! Tampines Street 21?! Why?!!

Why aren't you blogging about the yummy food in Tampines Street 80+ instead?

Chill, people. Chill. 

I know most blogs and/or people recommend yummy food that are from Tampines Street 80+... But there are good food at Tampines Street 21 too... And the place I'd like to recommend is the 21 Street Eating House

  21 Street Eating House
  201 Tampines Street 21
  Singapore 524201

  How to get there:
  Take Downtown Line 3 (blue line) towards Expo
  Alight at Tampines East station, exit at Exit B
  Refer to map for the walking direction

There are many yummylicious food in this coffee shop, such as the Al-Azhar Eating Restaurant, Saffrons, etc... But the one I'll be recommending is the stir-fry glass noodles (炒冬粉) and the oyster omelette from the Song Le Fried Delights stall. 

By the way, I'm not getting any commission for recommending people to go there okay! I'm recommending because I feel that it's like a gem hidden deeply in the sea. Haha! 😊

Anyway, this Song Le Fried Delights stall offers three different (size) portion for each of their dishes. I got the default size for the fried glass noodles ($4) and the oyster omelette ($5). Well, the portions are considered quite big for a person. 

Fried Glass Noodles (炒冬粉)

Fried Glass Noodles (炒冬粉) take-away version
I had for dinner 2 days ago

Oyster Omelette (蚝煎)

The fried glass noodles is neither too dry nor too wet, so the glass noodles isn't the nua-nua (mesh-y, soggy) type. Even I dabao back home to eat two days ago, the glass noodles were still piping hot! Oh! Please squeeze the lime! It will make the glass noodles more shiok

As for the oyster omelette, it's not too wet and the fried egg is crispy! But the oysters have this slight fishy smell, which I personally do not like. Thus, this oyster omelette is considered not too bad for me. 

I would specially recommend the stir-fry glass noodles as it's quite rare to find in Singapore (or at least I've yet to see any except this). I always recommend this to my friends who are in Tampines at that moment or when I know they will be heading to Tampines. 

Oh yes! There will always be a long queue (especially during the peak hours), so be patience! 

You may fancy some drinks or ice-cream in an aircon place after a sweaty and warm meal in the coffee shop. There's actually a newly-open (or maybe not so new now) cafe at Tampines 201 that you may wish to try out. 


Nope, I'm not joking with you. The cafe name is Laundry Galley.

  Laundry Galley
  201E Tampines Street 23, #01-118
  Singapore 527201

  Opening Hours:
  12pm to 9pm

The Laundry Galley is a very small cafe, and it located right beside the Tampines East Community Centre (CC). My friend and I visited the cafe this afternoon right after a light meal at the 21 Street Eating House, and we had waffle ice-cream for our dessert!

Waffle ice-cream 💗

They had waffles with 2 scoops of ice-cream today... And the 3rd scoop of ice-cream is free! So why not... right? Haha! There are two types of waffle - original and charcoal to choose. We had original ones for both... As for the ice-cream, we chose the salted caramel, chocolate mint, and lychee sorbet. You can request to taste the ice-cream before deciding which flavour to choose... The staff are all very friendly and helpful! So don't be shy! 😉

The waffle is freaking good! It's fragrant and very crispy! The waffle was still very crispy even though the ice-creams were placed on top of it for a while. It's like so amazing! Haha! 

While they were preparing our waffle ice-cream, we got a seat and while we were talking, I looked up and saw the following at the door there... 


I got a little shock (because I didn't take note of the cafe name before entering). I thought I was in the wrong place at that moment until my friend told me to look to my right. The wall on my right has some printings which mention its history/background. 

Apparently, this Laundry Galley started as a 24-hour laundromat in Tampines where customers could have a drink or eat something while waiting for their clothes to be washed and dried. Thus, you will see some printings in the cafe that mentioned something about laundry-related stuff. 

Such an interesting concept to have in Singapore...

Oh! Just in case you don't know, this cafe is halal-certified. So our dear Muslim friends can also enjoy the delicious ice-cream and waffle there too! 😃

Alright folks! Give these two places a try and let me know any good recommendations around Tampines 201 area! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Johor Bahru - 早 · 尚好

Tiong Bahru Bakery Safari

台北 Taipei - Day 01: Qingguang Market, Oia Cafe, Tamshui Old Street, Ningxia Night Market